Copywriting Career Resources
The job market for copywriting professionals seems to be constantly changing as more and more companies look toward content to drive inbound traffic and leads. The resources below can help copywriting professionals better navigate this ever-changing job market.
Copywriting Salary Information
Salaries for copywriting professionals can vary, but are often in excess of $56K per year, depending on the location.
Top Locations for Copywriting Jobs / Copywriter Salaries:
|1||New York, NY||$72,760|
|2||San Francisco, CA||$71,305|
|3||Jersey City, NJ||$70,342|
|11||Los Angeles, CA||$58,511|
|14||San Diego, CA||$55,069|
Copywriting Job Trends
Aside from typical fluctuations, copywriting jobs are consistently high over the last five years. As more and more organizations continue to build upon their digital presences, and become more content driven, copywriters can expect demand for their positions to remain steady, if not increase, in the coming years.
Tools and Resources for Copywriting Professionals
Copywriting professionals need to keep up with their evolving industry just as much as they need to know the basics. The websites below offer a range of Copywriting tools and resources to assist you in your day-to-day work.
- Hemingway Editor: This online editor helps you hone Hemingway’s writing style by grading your copy based on concision, readability and a number of other factors.
- Copyscape: Determine whether any content on a given webpage has been duplicated elsewhere on the web.
- Creative Commons: Allows you to search a number of databases, such as Google Images and Flickr, for CC licensed work.
- SEO Book Keyword Research Tool: Free keyword ideas and suggestions, ranked by performance.
- Google Drive: A free, cloud-based office suite that allows you to take your documents with you anywhere you go that has an internet connections. Most importantly, Google Drive saves changes to your docs automatically, as you write.
If you’re interested in networking with other copywriting professionals, or just want to find those that share your love of copywriting, these organizations and groups will make it easy to connect with others.